Thursday, June 9, 2011

~Three Things Thursday~

1. So excited for this weekend!! My cousin is getting married so we get to dress up super fancy and party all night long. Saturday is also the end of the Sugar Free Challenge so I may indulge a bit. Nothing too crazy as I really enjoy how I am feeling right now, but it would be nice to have a piece of cake!!

2. Dinner last night- awhile back I had ripped out a recipe from Runner’s World for Creamy Cauliflower Mac. As a white cheddar KD lover, I thought this might be a good, healthier choice to try. Hubby has been extremely supportive of my Sugar Free Challenge- hunting down ingredients that doesn’t contain sugar, making sure there aren’t any treats in the house and just cooking healthy food all together.

He prepped this dish before our run and just had to bake it for about 20 minutes after our run. We also had a delicious salad with homemade dressing (rosemary from the garden!) and some spicy Ukrainian sausage. Hubby said he felt the mac and cheese was a little bland but I think with the rest of the dinner it went well.

So yummy!! Guess what I am having for lunch?

3. Last night’s run- the dark clouds have been threatening us for a couple days now but the rain has stayed away (so far). Last night was the perfect weather for a run- not too hot, too sunny, and light wind. We were scheduled to do 3K, and our instructor told us she expected us all to be back in less than 21 minutes! I figured it shouldn’t be too hard as I did 3K last week (in the rain) in less than 18 minutes.

I tried to keep up with Rose but she took off around 300m into the run and left me in the dust! Instead I ran most of it with Howard who is suffering from some calf problems. He would run with me and then walk to stretch it out. Then he would catch up before he had to walk it out again. He is an excellent pacer!

In the last 150m or so, Howard pulled ahead. I could hear Rose cheering us on and telling me to pass Howard so I switched to the next gear and gave it my all for the last 100m. I passed him and was so close to puking when I finished. This is probably the closest I have ever come to puking after a run.

1K- 6:01
2K- 5:49
3K- 6:00
0.41K- 5:04

Total Distance- 3.41K
Total Time- 19:56
Average Pace- 5:50

It was hard but it felt so good to push to the point of puke. I think I need to do all my 3-5K runs like this. I need to find a 5K race to train towards…

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job on the run! Minus the feeling like you are going to puke...not that I know what that feels like or anything ;)

    Hope you have a great time at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! It's totally masochistic, but I love having that pukey feeling at the end of a run. Means you left something out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good run! Sometimes the feeling like you're going to puke feeling is strangely satisfying :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!