Monday, June 27, 2011

~What I did this Weekend~

The weekends just seem to zoom right by! I can't believe another one has come and gone.

On Friday hubby and I went out to a local pub and enjoyed some bevies and dinner. Since it was such a nice night out (and you know from all my complaining that nice nights are hard to come by around here!) I to skip an indoor strength training or yoga workout and went for a 45 minute walk instead. It was the perfect evening for a stroll around the neighborhood.
Saturday we were up fairly early for a bike ride towards Bragg Creek with our friend K. We planned to go all the way to Bragg Creek (65K round trip), but decided to turn around about 16K in. It was super windy and K had already done a tough Cross fit workout that morning.
As soon as we turned around the wind was at our backs and we were flying! What took 51 minutes there, took 30 minutes on the way back!!  We were going up tough hills like they were nothing.

Total of 33K in 1:22

Beginning of the ride

Crossing the road

After the bike ride, my sis and I went to watch Bridesmaids. Funniest movie ever!! I could not stop laughing!! Even the guys would have like it!! I keep remembering parts of the movie and laughing to myself!! Have you seen it? What did you think?



Sunday morning brought our 9K long run and... rain. I woke up at about 4am to go to the bathroom and could hear the rain coming down. Greaaat!! It had stopped by the time we began the run, but then it started back up about 4K in. We were soaked by the finish! We did a route that I haven't done for almost a year so it was a nice change of scenery. There were 3 big hills but we managed to power through them. It was a great run in spite of the weather.

The Group ventured over to Tim Horton's for some food and to warm up. Good thing I had my jacket in the car or else I really would have frozen.
We spent the afternoon at some friends' condo painting. Man, that is a workout- it should definitely count as cross training! My arms, legs, butt and back are sore from going up and down! I think my house might stay builder beige forever!!

After all that hard work, I had to take a nap! Three hours later I dragged myself out of bed to finish the laundry and eat some dinner. For the first time we had some veggies from our garden in the salad- spinach, radishes and thyme. I can't wait until the rest of the veggies are ready!

After dinner hubby made some brownies which we enjoyed on the deck. Loving the new patio furniture way more than I expected!!

Little escape artist!!


At least this week is short! Yay for Canada Day long weekend!!!!

Hope you had a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend. Yay for bike rides and I cannot wait for the long weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the ride!!!

    I've seen Bridesmaid's twice, it was hilarious but I just don't get why they are wearing a dress in the promo pic that they never wear in the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your long weekend! I really want to see bridesmaids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that sucks that you had to turn around on your bike ride, but you still got a good ride in! I haven't seen Bridesmaids, but I want to!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!