Monday, August 15, 2011

Training for the Race of a Lifetime!

Well, it's time to make it real.

Hubby and I have signed up and started training for the race of our lives.

We may have lost our minds! The commitment will be insane, our social lives will change, and sleep will become something of the past. This training program is nothing like anything we have done before, but neither is the race.

 No, it's not Ironman, or a Full Marathon... I am pretty sure there won't be a medal at the end, but there will be plenty of support along the way.



It's... PARENTHOOD!!

Oh my, what have we gotten ourselves into!!

The race will start February 2012.


Yup, it's a baby!!
12 weeks

We are overjoyed and can't wait for the little one to join us! There will be plenty of changes to deal with along the way but people keep telling us it's all worth it!

So this explains my slacking in the training department (thank you, morning sickness) and lack of fall half marathon goal race. I have been taking it day by day and now that I am in the second trimester I have my energy back and I am back on the pathways!!

My plan is to workout as long as I possibly can- running, swimming, biking, strength training, and  pre-natal yoga. I have the go-ahead from the Docs so I can continue doing whatever I was doing before as long as I feel up to it.

So yah, that's the big news around here!

My blog posts are inevitably going to shift towards staying fit during pregnancy, just to give you the heads up. For the next little while I am going to be working towards Baby PRs, which will be significantly slower than my other PRs.

15 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO exciting! Congrats you two!!! And the best part? YOU BOTH WIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Big news!!! CONGRATS you guys! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE CONGRATS!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! That is awesome! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS! How freakin' exciting!!! :D

    I'd much rather train for a marathon. :P LESS SCARY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I saw the title of this post and wondered if this might be what you were talking about! SOOOOO exciting! Lots of work, but far more rewarding that any marathon. Congratulations - pregnancy and parenthood are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yaaaay! Congratulations! That is very exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! It couldn't happen to a nicer couple. You might wnt to follow links on my blog to Elizabeth, Melissa, and Amy, who blogged extensively about it, and trying to stay fit in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHAT?! No way, so excited for you guys! How are you feeling? We need to get together so I can hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY!!! That is awesome! Can't wait to hear all about it! So excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again Congrats!!!
    Welcome to the club you are going to love it!

    Don't know if you read her but http://katierunsthis.com/ is still running at almost 30weeks pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is fantastic news!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!