Monday, August 22, 2011

~What I did this Weekend~

We were treated to some beautiful and hot weather this weekend!!

Friday I spent the evening lounging around. I did my prenatal yoga DVD which I am starting to like more and more. I spent about 2 hours on hold with Shaw (TV, internet and phone company) trying to cancel some of our services that we don't use. I was on hold for so long that the line finally hung up on me. Gee- no wonder I want to cancel them! Afterwards, hubby and I went for a nice long walk in the neighborhood.

Saturday I slept in while hubby did some power hiking to prepare for the West Coast Trail next month. I did a bunch of chores and a 30 minutes Ripped workout. I haven't done weights since June so my legs were a little achy for the rest of the weekend. It's a good feeling though!
That evening we went over to our good friends' W&A's house for dinner. We spent a few hours snuggling with our goddaughter!

Sunday I opted out of the group long run. They were doing a route that is mostly uphill which means I would have to walk a lot. I was also in need of sleep and a rest day! I originally planned to do a shorter run later in the day but with the thermometer hitting 29C I decided it wasn't worth it.

We went over for dinner at the in-laws. It was so nice to enjoy an evening outside.

Now it's back to the grind at the office...

3 comments:

  1. What time did you call Shaw at? Two hours seems a long time to be on hold! I called Bell the other and was on hold for 15 minutes only to have the person tell me to do it online (I was trying to change one of my fab 10 numbers). I wanted to be like, I called you for a reason and was on hold so fix it! Oh customer service...amazing how it makes such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have no idea how these companies get away with such bad service. The only thing I can think of is that they all hold some sort of conference every year and make a pledge to be equally as bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hubby is hiking the west coast trail??? COOL! That is so on my list of things I want to do!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!