Wednesday, September 7, 2011

16 Weeks:Holy Guacamole!!

How big is Baby N? Almost 5 inches long and 3.5oz. S/he can hear my voice now (better watch my language!) and is growing hair, lashes and eyebrows!

Avocado
Hence the guacamole...


Weight gain? Up a couple pounds.

Maternity Clothing? Leigh and I went shopping on the weekend. While browsing one store that carries a maternity line, but isn't exclusively maternity, the sales lady came up to me and said "You know this is the maternity section right?" Um- yah thanks! I am in need of maternity clothes! In a maternity only store, we found the perfect sequin black short skirt which would be great for bar hopping... while pregnant!! WTF??!?! All the shirts I did end up buying came from non-maternity stores! Thank goodness long shirts are "in" right now!

Cravings? Nothing good...

Symptoms? Nausea, puking, fatigue, dry skin... all the fun preggo things! Some days it's bad, other days I barely feel pregnant.

Sleep? More please! For some reason 11 hours a night isn't enough...

Workouts? Thanks to the above preggo symptoms, my workouts suffered last week. I only managed to get in 2 runs,  and 1 yoga session.

What I am excited for? As always- end of the month when we find out the baby's gender!! Which also means we get to see the baby on the ultrasound again!! S/he better cooperate and not be too acrobatic!

What I miss? Racing.

Memorable Pregnancy Moments? Feeling the baby move ever so slightly. Right now it is just twinges and turns but soon it will be way more noticeable!!

Baby Purchases? UPPAbaby Stroller. After much deliberation, we decided on silver.
This is not a jogging stroller!

UPPAbaby Vista
Weekly Belly Pic

16 Weeks in the evening after a big meal
16 Weeks 1 day
What the belly normally looks like!
When I took the picture on Sunday I knew that my belly isn't normally that big (yet) so I figured it was probably due to the delicious dinner and 2 cupcakes I had a few hours prior. Compared to the picture the next day, the belly is definitely smaller!!

4 comments:

  1. 16 weeks wow! Love that stoller, very cute. Come on end of Sept already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that fatigue is wearisome, but enjoy the fact that you CAN sleep 11 hours right now!

    The Be Band is a good way to extend the life of regular pants before you have to go full-out-belly-panels. It seems that at the beginning of the 2nd trimester, you're just in a weird "in between" preggo place, and it's nice to have some clothing options that aren't full out maternity clothes yet. You'll get sick enough of those eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a crazy difference between the two pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are looking great Nicole!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!