Friday, September 30, 2011

Gentle Prenatal Aquatic Fitness Class

Yesterday was my first prenatal aquatic fitness class. I have spent a fair amount of time at pools over the last few years while training for triathlons but sadly I haven't spent much time at all this year in the water.

The pool that the class is held at is actually one that I did a triathlon at two years ago so being there brought back some great memories. Thankfully I was less nervous this time!

The class was held in a deep water pool and we all used noodles to keep us afloat. I think this class is similar to what an aquasize class would be like. It was nice to be working out with other pregnant women. This class is a lot different than my other swim classes because we could actually socialize and workout at the same time! Our instructor encouraged us to meet other women which is nice.


The only bad part about the class is that I kept getting foot and calf cramps!! They were way worse than what I ever got in previous swim sessions. The instructor said to not point my toes which I am sure I wasn't but the cramps wouldn't go away! Thank god for that noodle or else I would have drowned!

Any other tips for preventing the cramps?

1 comment:

  1. I can't even bring myself to touch those pool noodles, and try not to think about them. During one swim I was horrified to discover that one guy had the noodle running inside his shorts.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!