Thursday, September 1, 2011

~Three Things Thursday~

1. Yesterday I had an amazing prenatal massage. Really the only major difference at this point is that I laid on my side instead of my stomach and I got to hug a giant body pillow! It's so nice to be pampered!

2. Fall is upon us. I would personally like to thank all the people who wished fall would come so they can wear sweaters and boots (sarcasm). Hope you enjoy the drowned rat look I have been sporting. I really need to invest in some rubber boots as I would definitely get a lot of wear out of them and I would be less wet arriving at work.

If I only looked this cute in the rain...
Source

3. I am back on the pathways!! After close to 10 days off (not really intentionally), I went for my first run last night, in the rain. We did a 5.5K loop and I didn’t stop once for a walk break!! Normally this wouldn’t be a big feat but with the super hot weather we had been having, I was taking some walk breaks even during my short runs to cool down and keep my HR in check. Not last night! I still wasn’t super speedy, but I am happy with my run. I had some great company- the half marathon group did speed training in the day before so they were hurtin’.

My legs (quads & ITB) hurt a bit after, and I had to roll my legs after as I had some tightness around my knees. I have never had this before (except maybe at the very end of a HM) so I want to make sure I take care of it ASAP. Don’t need any ITB issues thankyouverymuch!!

The other good news is that my Garmin doesn’t seem to have any ill-effects from Monday night’s psycho-ness! Huge sigh of relief!



1 comment:

  1. Nice job on the run! You are doing great with staying on track during your pregnancy. Yeah, you have to change plans sometimes, but you're still staying on track and it will be so much easier for you afterwards.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!