Thursday, September 8, 2011

~Three Things Thursday~

1. Road trips= weight gain for me. During my last road trip, I gained at least 5 pounds because I was eating out for every meal (those B&B breakfasts were amazing but it was way more food than I needed!), snacking along the way and not working out as much as I do regularly. Part of the problem is that I get nauseous in the car (pregnant or not) and the best way to make that go away is to eat. Great….

I decided that this road trip is going to be different. I did buy a few treats ahead of time to prevent raiding the gas stations along the way, but most importantly I took the time to buy healthy snacks for us to eat- carrots, apples, grapes, cheese strings, salami and crackers for lunches, and trail mix. The goal is to not gain tons of weight, although I do know a few pounds are to be expected with my growing belly.

Anything else anyone can suggest would be a good, healthy road trip snack/lunch?

2. Pregnancy brain is not a lie. I used to think that pregnant women used it as an excuse to be lazy (ok kidding…) but it actually exists. I have a pretty good memory but if I don’t write something down, I will forget midway what I am doing…. Crap, where was I going with this????

3. No workout last night. I had a splitting headache (which is odd for me) after work and had to cancel my dinner plans. I think the heat is getting to me. I don’t foresee a workout tonight either as I will be finishing all my packing for our trip!! I did get a head start on it this weekend so maybe it will only take me two more hours instead of four.

2 comments:

  1. I'll trade you your heat for our cold? It's FREEZING here right now. Funny about preggo brain! Enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like lara bars for a healthy snack.

    On road trips my mum always brought a cooler with cheese and sandwich stuff. Plus we always had veggies and fruit in there as well- so sounds like you're ready to eat well on the road! Good luck! (if you like club soda, cans of club soda or Perrier are nice to bring too because it is kind of like drinking pop- which is something I always love on road trips)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!