Tuesday, September 6, 2011

~What I did this Long Weekend~

How is the weekend over already? At least I only have four more days until vacation!

Friday I had a hair appointment after work which is always relaxing. I also saw that the baby stroller we have been eyeing was on sale so we rearranged our evening to make a trip to the baby store to buy it. After much deliberation, I decided on a silver colour (seriously I am not good with too many options!) and we ordered it. Should be here in about 6 weeks!!! Our first major baby purchase= done!!

After power shopping, we went out for dinner. Something that we do pretty regularly without thinking will become a big deal in a few months...

Saturday I went for a 3K run. We have been experiencing some gorgeous late summer weather and by 11am when I headed out (did you really think I would get out of bed early?) it was pretty warm. I had a tough time with the heat and cut the run a bit short as I could feel a headache coming on. Should have brought my fancy handheld with me…

Leigh graciously offered to go shopping with me in the afternoon. We had quite the adventure looking for decent maternity clothes and all the items I ended up buying are non-maternity!! After the shopping excursion, hubby and I went to a BBQ at some friends’ house.

Sunday rolled along and I decided (ahead of time) that I wasn’t going to meet up with the group for their long run. They were doing 18K and I didn’t want to sit around for a 1.5 hours after my short run waiting for them (bad supporter I am!). Later I found out that our instructor rode her bike along side the runners which would have been an excellent idea. I am totally kicking myself now for not checking with her beforehand as that would have been lots of fun!

Instead I spent the day power cleaning and skipped my run as the day got hotter and hotter. I did a 45 minute Ripped workout instead in the coolness of my basement.

We went over to my auntie’s house for a BBQ that night. It was good to catch up with them as we haven’t seen them since my cousin’s wedding. There was lots of belly rubbing going on… (just my belly!).

Thank goodness Monday was a holiday as I had lots of things to do. I started packing for our trip to Vancouver Island and we went over to my parents for a visit. I even managed to squeeze in a prenatal yoga workout in the evening before bed.

Have I mentioned only 4 more days till vacation??? :)

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend. Glad you were able to find a few nee items for your wardrobe! :) 4 days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! Good job still getting your workouts in, I am completely inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mini skirt is still calling your name.... :) Haha. I had fun on Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great weekend! Kudos to you for still rockin' the workouts! Will you post stroller pictures? I'm curious! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. September vacation- what a great idea (if only my husband had a job where he could take a vacation in September...SOLO vacation it is?)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!