Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Revised 2011 Goals

At the beginning of the year I set some goals for myself, and the time has come to revise them slightly to make them more achievable now that I am a mama-to-be in training.


1) Eat Properly- Now more than ever I need to make sure I am eating properly as whatever I eat, the baby eats. Everyone says "you are eating for two- have a donut/cupcake/5 helpings etc" Um, no! You only need another 200-300 extra calories a day to feed the baby, of which should come from healthy foods! I will still allow myself to indulge, but I have to remember that whatever weight I gain, I have to lose once babe gets here so I don't want to make it more difficult for myself by eating whatever I want.



2) Volunteering- So far I haven't volunteered at any races this year, so it is my goal in the next 3 months to volunteer, especially since I can't really race.


3) Run 1000K this year- I was on track for this goal until I got pregnant and my mileage dropped significantly. I think if I make it my goal to run/walk 1000K this year that will be achievable.

4) Triathlons- I did sign up for 1 sprint triathlon this summer, but decided not to compete as I hadn't trained enough while pregnant and didn't think it was a good idea to put myself in that situation. If I had been smart, and trained for swimming/biking in the months leading up to the triathlon, before I got pregnant, I would have been able to do the race. Oh well, there is always next year!

5) Races-  I set a goal of 6 races this year- race fees aren't cheap :( I was able to get in 4 races before getting pregnant- 3 half marathons, and one 10K. Sure, I could do a couple more races but I don't want to spend the money on race fees so I will forego this goal for this year. I am not disappointed though- I am training for the race of a lifetime!


6) Train more consistently- I really need to work on this. Now that I am feeling more energized, I think it is realistic to workout 4-5 times a week. The workouts don't have to be intense- yoga, swimming, walking, strength training, spinning and light running are all good activities for me to do.

7) Read more- We cancelled the cable so this should be a pretty easy goal to achieve. Plus I have lots to read up on!!

3 comments:

  1. If you find a race to volunteer for, I will do it with you :) Just let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! I would volunteer too! :) Good list Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the read more idea, especially as you get closer to your due date. But then, sleep more is really good too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!