Tuesday, October 11, 2011

~What I did this Thanksgiving Long Weekend~

How can a long weekend feel short and long at the same time? I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend (or weekend if you are American!). We accomplished a lot, plus relaxed and saw family so it was fantastic!

On Friday, my good friend Jenn (from Victoria) was in town visiting her family for Thanksgiving so we met up for coffee after work. How lucky am I to see her twice in less than a month!! I sure hope she moves back to Calgary soon! That night I did some more organizing of hubby's office as he had to work late.

Saturday we did some cleaning and hubby cooked up a storm- pies, salsa, soup... We also went for a run!! It was my first run in a couple weeks and hubby's first run since Melissa's 2 weeks prior. It was about 11 degrees outside so perfect weather. We did about 3K! I walked a couple of the steep hills but for the most part I kept a steady running pace. My Garmin was dead (even though she was plugged in) so I don't even know exactly how far we went or how long it took us. It didn't matter though because it felt great!

Sunday my family came over for Thanksgiving dinner. My wonderful brother-in-law helped move the sofa bed from my office/nursery to hubby's/our office. I also got some opinions on the paint colours we were thinking of and the consensus is that it is too dark! Back to the drawing board...

Hubby and our nieces making whip cream

My aunt, sister, mom and I
Monday we cleaned up (theme of the weekend?), and I did a Ripped workout. After all that turkey I needed to do something! I also exchanged my jeans for dress pants at Thyme.  We had Thanksgiving dinner #2 at my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's house. I am stuffed!! I definitely ate way too much this weekend!!

The chefs/hosts and turkey carver



5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend. And your hubby looks so good with the girls. He'll make a great Daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect Thanksgiving weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great weekend. Hubs looks great with your nieces! :) So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, only thing better than one turkey dinner is two turkey dinners! What colors are you thinking for the nursery?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!