Monday, December 10, 2012

Run for L'Arche

I am honoured to have been asked to be a Community Ambassador for the 3rd annual Run for L'Arche.

I will be running their half marathon on March 23, 2013.
They also offer 5 Mile and 1K Fun Run Walk distances.



The beneficiary of this race is L'Arche Calgary. It was started in 1973 and supports 29 members with a development disability. It has five homes, a supported independent living program and a day program with staff and volunteers from 26 different countries.


There are 139 L'Arche communities in 40 countries around the world.

The first two editions of the Run for L'Arche raised almost $70,000 for their homes and programs.

I'm very excited to start training for this race. I'll be updating my progress along the way as I prepare for my 7th half marathon.

If you are interested in running for a great cause you can get more information at the Run for L'Arche website.

3 comments:

  1. GREAT cause!!! That's awesome you were asked!! And nice job on running the half!!! Go Nicole!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to be part of this as well! It will be my 7th half as well :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!