Wednesday, April 17, 2013

~Runners United~

The news of the Boston Marathon bombing has really hit close to home. I can't even express into words how I feel about this tragedy. My thoughts are with those that are affected by the bombing.

Last night, I finally made it to a clinic night! I think it was the 2nd one in 6 weeks. Hubby was home early from work, we ate dinner early, and I felt energetic.

Our talk was on motivation and our instructor and pacers shared their "running stories." It's one of my favourite things to learn about runners- how they got started in this crazy sport. Running doesn't discriminate and all kinds of people participate in this great sport.

In light of the recent events in Boston, this topic seemed fitting. It was emotional yet filled with a lot of laughter. One of the most important things that all the stories had in common are the amazing relationships that have formed since running. We are such a close knit group yet always welcoming to newcomers. The more the merrier!

Afterwards, we ran for Boston.


The half marathon schedule called for 5K tempo.
Even though it's unofficial, I got a PR.
That is definitely a sub 30 minute 5K.

Today, I am thankful for all the friendships I have made while running, and all the personal accomplishments I have made with these runners at my side.

3 comments:

  1. Speedy run missy! You definitely have a sub 30 in you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. I had two runner friends over on Monday, and we all talked about running, plain and simple. There's nothing like getting down to the nitty gritty of steps and miles. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!